(We don’t have it posted with our corporate careers site yet, so I’m blogging it here.) We’re in NYC. If this looks interesting to you, drop Jennifer a line!
Senior Perl Developer
We are looking for an experienced, motivated programmer to develop solutions for our Database Automation product. The ideal candidate has extensive experience writing back-end client/server applications in Object Oriented Perl. Experience with Java and/or C++ a major plus.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and test product code according to our quality standards
- Maintain knowledge of product environments and applicable software technologies
- Provide complete documentation in the form of commented code, problem status information, and design documents
- Perform thorough problem analysis that results in resolution of product-related problems according to our support standards
- Complete code and other deliverables on schedule
- Perform thorough unit testing; support systems and integration testing as required to provide a quality product
- Provide input to the Technical Writers for all product documentation
- Define the functional specification of program modules ensuring functionality, quality and ease of maintainability
- Accurately estimate the size and scope of the development effort as measured by the product delivery schedule
- Strong ability to design and develop Object Oriented and Service Oriented software with practical use of design patterns
- Strong familiarity with Perl
- Good understanding of high-availability and scalable platform architecture
- Good understanding of troubleshooting and performance tuning of multi-layered application
- Experienced with working within a release cycle, dealing with more than one version of the codebase at a time, handling a range of install environments, planning for support once the product is in customers hands, worrying about upgrade paths
- Solid experience in TCP/IP networking and/or distributed systems programming
- Experience with one or more of Oracle/DB2/Sybase/MSSQL
- Fluency in Linux and/or flavors of UNIX
To apply, contact Jennifer Persaud.